The Tubby Hook Paddle Company offers sea kayaking instruction and guiding in the New York City metropolitan area.
We generally refer to these as courses and journeys. All courses include a journey element, and all journeys feature opportunities for participants to play and practice in a variety of conditions.
Courses are more structured and have specific learning objectives. Journeys are more open-ended, typically organized around a particular destination or feature.
Click on our Scheduler to sign up for a course today.
Upcoming courses and journeys for our 2017 season include:
- American Canoe Association Essentials of Kayak Touring Course("L2").
- American Canoe Association Essentials of Kayak Touring Assessment ("L2").
- American Canoe Association Coastal Kayaking Skills Assessment ("L3").
- Sea Kayak Rescue Essentials.
- Sea Kayak Practical Rescues.
- Sea Kayak Practical Skills.
- Planning and Navigating a Journey.
- Journey Around Sandy Hook.
- Journey to Execution Rocks.
- Journey to Baretto Point.